Monday, February 21, 2011

How come?

My aspiration is for the new subtitle of this blog - Nothing but sunshine - to reflect a new focus. While there will still be complaining of some variety, I want to focus more on the silver lining aspects of my life. Here's my first example:

The past few days has seen my CFS flaring up, forcing me into a whole lot of bed rest. I've had muscle weakness and spasms, lots of twitches and fine motor control issues preventing me from much in the drawing space, and plenty of general aches, pain and tiredness ("Still sounds like the same old whingeing!" I hear you say...). Well, my attitude, as I'm forced to lie down long before dark, and entirely walk-less for another day, is to look forward eagerly to finishing off yet another book, perhaps rewatching some Mythbusters on DVD, and listening to my growing stockpile of podcasts, each the fallback option as my tiredness grows.

Dunno how successful that was as a piece of positive writing! Hopefully practise will improve me :)

2 comments:

  1. ha, I used to fantasise about breaking a leg and having time to read all my books - I always knew that came from a place of privilege - now I also know it would take some adapting to get over the stir craziness! Anyway you have a right to whinge but I can certainly get behind the positive writing too. Take care and feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's definitely ok as an occasional luxury event, but when it's an ongoing necessity... Still, feeling a little better each day, so sticking with the patience :)

    ReplyDelete