Sunday, May 13, 2007

Eurovision disaster!

Apparently the voters on the preliminary final decided rock wasn't the wave of Eurovision future, and largely blanded out the final 10 qualifying spots with ballads. I was hanging out for Andorra's pop-punk in the final, the most fun I've seen performers ever have on Eurovision, but it was not to be. Not to mention there'll be no Netherlands to wear my long-sleeved T for, and no Denmark drag queen for B (hope that doesn't spoil the night for you!). There was some great variety in the preliminary finals, countries actually taking some chances, but unfortunately safety first seems to have won through.

My hope now is for a back-to-back Finland win, with their Evanescence-alike entry.

1 comment:

  1. hehe - I saw the Dutch entry and thought it had a touch of the transgender to it, that is until the next time i flicked over from the footy and saw denmarks entry hehe

    ReplyDelete