Monday, September 04, 2006

Biding my time

Since I'm out of sick leave without a certificate I actually relented and went to the doctor this morning, to find that I have a mild respiratory tract infection. No antibiotic solution, though, so it's just a wait and see approach. In the meantime, I have a whole certified week off, to laze around watching DVDs (good), napping (tolerable) and occasionally coughing my head off (bad). I'm hoping to very gradually return to some exercise over that time, as my knees and back haven't liked the lack of movement, but judging by how poorly my lungs took to a slow 5 minute sunshine shamble at lunchtime I'd say I won't be rushing into any hour-long sessions too soon.

One other piece of good news is that my blood pressure is down to 110/70, which means that I'm probably not as stressed as I sometimes think I am, and that the exercise has made a significant difference (my BP reading had been something like 140/95 last year, which is right in the high pressure zone). That measurement alone will hopefully allow me to relax, in what may possibly be irony, or maybe just some kind of sensible mental feedback mechanism.

So (1) I'm afraid that weekend plans aren't really on my radar (sorry Em!) and (2) a certain J needs her own blog, when the comment is longer than the original post :)

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that was my thought too, Jo needs her own blog! But I loved her comment right there too so I didn't want to seem mean.

    Excellent to have a firm diagnosis. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only Tuesday I haven't given up on you yet!
    and I have another thing for you to do..drawing...see haven't you been missing me bossing you around!!
    and yes J needs her own blog, she writes very well, better than some people who actually have their own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *grin* I do get carried away sometimes with the comments (I also do incredibly long mobile text messages) - I am, in fact, naturally verbose *giggle*. No plans for a blog 'yet' but I feel certain that purchase of laptop will convert me. Oh yeah - Bertie - *enough about me lets talk about you - what do you think of me* hope you are feeling better soon… take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete