Wednesday, May 17, 2006

X-tremely distracted

Watching seasons 2-4 of The X-Files in 3 weeks will mess with your perception of time, thus the long gap between postings. I've been reminded just what an awesome show X-Files remains, even 13 years after it first aired. I also discovered just how often Scully says "Oh my God!" (every time anything freaky happens, which is almost every episode) and "Mulder, where are you going?" (every time Mulder ditches her, which is almost every episode). While not particularly reusable as catchphrases, they certainly add to my enjoyment, as a pay off for watching every show. Plus it makes me glad I don't work with anyone nearly as flaky as Mulder :) Quality guest appearances by actors like Brad Dourif, Giovanni Ribisi and Jack Black, Terry O'Quinn (Lost), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), and Peter Boyle (all within the first 50 episodes) plus two different characters played by the cranky old guy Relic from The Beachcombers! Roll on the final 5 seasons, and I'll see you all in a month or so!

1 comment:

  1. I was a bit concerned about where you had gotten to. Should have known better.

    Scully's catchphrase for the later seasons has got to be "I'm FINE Mulder" (with subtly gritted teeth).

    ReplyDelete