Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm cured!

Well, not quite. There's apparently no cure for what ails me and my stomach, but there is the next best thing - a magic purple pill! After only two days of taking it I've felt markedly better, not needing my dose of Mylanta every few hours to take the edge off the pain. Apparently, I can even drink caffeine and alcohol while using it, without slowing my recovery. In a couple of months all the damage done by years of my "itis" remaining untreated will be healed, and I'll only need a maintenance dose of medication (for the rest of my life) after that. Yippee!

5 comments:

  1. hey I can't believe you had passed up the perfect excuse to use the phrase "acid churning up from the stomach and wearing away the delicate lining of the esophagus" hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news Mr Bertie very happy for you... Are the pills ACTUALLY purple, cause that would be cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I went back and looked at the link and kuka has a point re: "acid churning up from the stomach and wearing away the delicate lining of the esophagus"
    But I can't believe you didn't mention you got 'GERD'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, they're really purple :)
    And I'm glad everyone's enjoyed the link (I didn't really read anything other than the possible side-effects).

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cool news. Three thumbs up

    ReplyDelete