Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More positives

Continuing with my aim of making this blog's subtitle totally inappropriate...

The unquestionable sign of my mood staying positive is that it survived a last-minute lunch cancellation (by a friend who doesn't have my luxury of complaining of "not enough to do!!! waah! waah!"). Plus, the sudden appearance of the "thing" at the back of my mind which I've spent the past few months worrying about, the "thing" that surely must need to be done but I can't think of, the "thing" which should be filling the huge space where busy-ness should be, but isn't. Luckily, that "thing" turned out to be merely some additional requirements for work my team has to deliver in November, and which we don't need to start on till June. Unless that's not the uncomfortable "thing" at the back of my mind at all...

And as I headed off for my bus (little realising that I was leaving air-con bliss for the burning oven of the outdoors), I found that things are moving forward with one of the promised new chunks of work, no pie in the sky promise of things to do, but something meaty enough to kick my brain into a gear other than barely idling neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment